Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Reception

4-17-2010

After finishing up pictures at the park, we headed for the reception where we would eat and relax...kinda.






The guest book...



The gift table...
One of the little girls in the church made us this toilet paper bride and groom.



Here come Mr. & Mrs. Russell Maynard!



The reception hall was beautiful! I only wish I had been in less of a daze so I could have absorbed everything more fully. Russell's mom did the reception for us; both our moms put an incredible amount of thought, time, and effort into making our wedding day as special and lovely as possible.



Russell has tunnel vision-----FOOD!!!



Mrs. Chris bought dishes especially for the head table and gave them to Russell & me as a wedding gift.






The theme of our reception was swans. Mrs. Chris found blown-glass swans online and filled small swans with M&M's and sugar-free jelly beans.
"Hannah Maynard" ~ My name is going to change twice: I went from being a Huussen to being a Maynard, and when I get to Heaven I'm going to receive a new name all over again. I wonder what it will be...?





Getting in line to fill up our plates!




There's my guy, and he's headed for the food tables after getting his hotdog.
When I see this picture I realize once again how beautifully the colors matched. Russell's white shirt matched my white dress; his cream vest and tie (which was white and cream striped) matched the bridesmaids.





Russell is in all his glory. =D







Not only was the food delicious, but it was set out so beautifully!





Somebody is happy to be eating!



There were something like 160 guests and plenty of leftovers.






























Everything you see is the result of this lady's planning and work. She had ladies from the church to help her, but she was the brain behind it all.



We got seated and started eating...



And had more pictures taken in the process.
My thoughts: I'm glad I'm not a model; it is tiring work to be the center of attention!



...Of course, Aaron thrived on it! =D



The brothers!



By the time we sat down I felt like it had been years since I had done so.
I knew I would be tired, but not that tired!



This picture is pretty much the position I was in during the time that we ate.
I nibbled on my food while resting on my hubby's shoulder.













Enjoying each other...






Lydia, tired as she was, was one of our reception photographers while acting as maid of honor too.



Here's Bro. Nick offering you a hotdog.



This hotdog stand, which Aaron built, was Russell's surprise--only he knew about it and I didn't; kinda funny!



Russell loves hotdogs (as you can see from the top left picture)! It's so nice to have a husband whose favorite food is what most people consider a lame, thrown together, last-resort kind of meal.
You know----We were out running errands all afternoon; what should I make for dinner---Oh, HOTDOGS!



Ryan & Christina--they are the unofficially adopted Maynard grandchildren, though their last name is Channer. Christina enjoyed sorting through the items in my satin purse. Russell bought it for me to match my wedding dress, because he knows how I LOVE purses!





Seemingly everyone in FL likes oysters. They were served by the 1/2 dozen on ice to guests who ordered them.



And these folks are some of my new extended family!



Mom & Papa




These dear folks from Truth Baptist Church--the church Russell's dad pastors--are a blessing!



Our parents!
They made this all possible! Russell & I are so blessed!



I love my guys!



Mrs. Judy, a lady at the church, made Russell's grooms cake. Is that cute or what?!


"Panama City Airport"
Russell has been infatuated with planes since he was a boy, wants to become a pilot, and has gone through ground school...now he just needs to get all those flying hours. WHEW!
We'll see how God leads.



I like how this picture shows the detail of my dress. It was my dream dress!



Aunt Erica made our wedding cake and did an excellent job!






The top layer was sugar-free and gluten-free for guests with health restrictions.





Pictures with the cake...
(top left picture) That droopy look means one thing--I'm getting tired!











Cutting the cake...





We were nice to each other.
We decided beforehand that we wouldn't smear frosting all over each other like some couples do.





I hope everyone enjoyed the wedding cake.
Russell and I were so preoccupied with our guests that we only got to eat the piece we fed each other.



Bride & bridesmaids





My girls were beautiful!



After cutting the cake Russell and I went from table to table greeting our guests and passing out these "post cards" thanking everyone for attending our wedding and taking part in our special day.



Then photographer Lyd wanted some more pictures of the happy couple outside...


No comments: