Friday, December 31, 2010

Our First Christmas!




This adorable ornament, in keeping with our Precious Moments tradition, was Russell's gift to me for Christmas.



Christmas morning and breakfast has always been my favorite time of the day. I made the same food my mom has made for years, which helped my homesickness a little bit.



And there is the "Baal bush." Lol. I love the little candy cane dolls Lydia got me...was it last year?



My daddy bought me this Nativity set for Christmas. I love the country look! It's very similar to the Nativity set I grew up with.

"Joy to the world"
"Wise men still seek Him"
"Jesus is the reason for the season"



And here are some of the decorations around the house....



We mostly spent the day relaxing. I took a nap, which is very unusual for me, because I wasn't feeling well, and the rest of the evening I wrapped up in my new pink bathrobe from Russell's grandma; what a nice gift! We ate good food, talked with my family for a little bit, played a few games, watched a movie, went to visit Russell's mom in the hospital, and that was pretty much our 1st Christmas together.



Christmas dinner was yummy!



I got Russell these ornaments for Christmas, because he is really into basketball. I also got him the Monopoly Deal game, and the Novacom Adventures in Odyssey series.



You know you're living in the age of technology when your husband pulls up a picture of a sprig of mistletoe on his phone and hangs it over your head while he kisses you. We don't agree with the Patch the Pirate song which says "I hate mistletoe..."! =D



I really missed my family on Christmas Day.
But it looks like another chick will soon fly the coop and create yet another branch in the family tree, since Clay and Lydia have started courting. Hurray!
Congratulations, you two lovebirds!

And that was our 1st Christmas together...



2 comments:

Naomi Ungry said...

What a sweet Christmas you had together! Lydia had a very memorable Christmas, too, didn't she? The Lord is so good!

Your Christmas decorations are so cute. I love hanging Christmas cards around the living room, too. I love how you used clothespins. =) I also love how you make your pictures look like pages in a scrapbook!

I didn't know your mother-in-law was in the hospital, Hannah. I will be praying for her. Can you let me know how she's doing? How sad for her to be in the hospital on Christmas!

May the Lord bless and keep you two in 2011!

Love,

Naomi

Paige said...

My dad was reading your blog with me the other day and he wouldn't even look at the whole post with me cause y'all were kissing he said it was making him sick, But my dad was the one trying to get my mom to buy some miseltoe all season and couldn't find some and the first thing he does when he walks in the door is kiss my mom.Just thought I would rat on him :)